Checking for Student Comprehension
How do you get students to show you what they know?
- The Look: This instructor looks at the students’ faces and thinks, “They all seemed to understand.”
- The Feeling: This teacher scans the classroom with his/her intuition and says, “It really felt like they were getting it.”
- The Question: This educator asks the class if they understand and states, “I asked them and they all nodded, yes.”
- The Test: This instructor uses formal test, reviews it and considers, “It looks like they’re getting this but not that.”
- The Show & Tell: This teacher gets the students to show they understand and considers, “What is this telling me about the students’ needs?”
More on Comprehension Checking Strategies...
Checking for Comprehension in the Classroom
There are many ways to check for student comprehension.
TESOL Trainers is an education consulting company that sets every student up for success, one teacher at a time.
From The SIOP Trainer: "Don't just get SIOP Certified, get SIOP Inspired"
What is SIOP?
Why is SIOP so important?
TESOL Trainers - A Scaffold to success.
Contact the Director, John Kongsvik